How do I keep ice from sticking in the ice tray when I am trying to dump it out?
Home Organizing & Cleaning / 7:40 PM - Monday August 24, 2009

I use ice trays and when I go to dump the ice into the bin, there is always ice stuck in the trays. I have tried using cooking spray but that leaves greasy ice cubes. What can I do to keep the ice from sticking in the trays?

- Asked by A Stay-at-Home Mom, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Just run a little water over the ice and let it sit for a minute or two. Then the cubes should pop right out.

- Response by purrzn, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

I have ice cube trays that are made from a flexible material. You just push on the bottom of each section and the ice cubes come right out with no sticking at all. Easy-peasy.

- Response by justpassingthru, Female, 56-65, Financial / Banking

I use plastic ice trays from Target because those are the best type.

- Response by elizmom, Female, 29-35

When you are ready to dump the ice cubes set them in a tray of warm water for about 30 sec and that will melt the bottom enough that they will just fall out.

- Response by MaryAnne, Female, 46-55, Regina, Managerial

If you wash the ice trays in hot soapy water after each use, they won't stick.

- Response by barbb, Female, Who Cares?, Other Profession

run some water on the back of the tray for a few seconds and the cubes just start falling out on its own

- Response by naughtysaint, A Working Gal, Female, 29-35, Miami, Home Maker