Thank you for your many years of support. We want to share the news with you that after much consideration, will cease operations in its present format on October 15th. We appreciate your meaningful contributions over the years.

How do I keep ice from sticking in the ice tray when I am trying to dump it out?
Home Organizing & Cleaning / 7:40 PM - Monday August 24, 2009

I use ice trays and when I go to dump the ice into the bin, there is always ice stuck in the trays. I have tried using cooking spray but that leaves greasy ice cubes. What can I do to keep the ice from sticking in the trays?

- Asked by A Stay-at-Home Mom, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Just run a little water over the ice and let it sit for a minute or two. Then the cubes should pop right out.

- Response by purrzn, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

I have ice cube trays that are made from a flexible material. You just push on the bottom of each section and the ice cubes come right out with no sticking at all. Easy-peasy.

- Response by justpassingthru, Female, 56-65, Financial / Banking

I use plastic ice trays from Target because those are the best type.

- Response by elizmom, Female, 29-35

When you are ready to dump the ice cubes set them in a tray of warm water for about 30 sec and that will melt the bottom enough that they will just fall out.

- Response by MaryAnne, Female, 46-55, Regina, Managerial

If you wash the ice trays in hot soapy water after each use, they won't stick.

- Response by barbb, Female, Who Cares?, Other Profession

run some water on the back of the tray for a few seconds and the cubes just start falling out on its own

- Response by naughtysaint, A Working Gal, Female, 29-35, Miami, Home Maker