How do I get rid of pesky cats?
Pets / 2:20 PM - Saturday August 22, 2009

How do I get rid of pesky cats?

Help!! Seems like all of the cat's in my neighborhood come to my house to releive themselves. They have killed every plant, flower, shrub, and the grass completely around the foundation and flower beds of my house. The smell is horrid. I have spent a fortune on retail products and have tried all the home remedies for this situation to no avail. I'm at my wits end and ready to exterminate or relocate them!! I don't know why my neighbors don't keep better control over their pets. I don't really want to hurt them, I am NOT an cat hater. I just want my flower beds back!!

- Asked by heloisefan, A Budget-minded, Female, 46-55

Spray your yard with a citrus-type scent or even just straight-up lime juice. Cats won't touch that stuff. Might also help to have a strong word with the neighbors.

- Response by Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

Must be strays, huh? can u call animal control? this is too much. I had 2 strays and one had kittens, getting cold in november..so,

I set my kitty carrier outside with cat food inside, and set back and when one entered, I closed the door to carrier.and del. 1 cat at a time to shelter. safe and warm there with a chance of adoption. took 3 days to get them all and take to animal shelter.

- Response by Female, Who Cares?, Chicago

I would put a sign in the yard that said " If your cat runs loose please keep it in your OWN yard. At the end of the week I will be putting rat bait out to protect my gardens"

- Response by barrelmom, Female, 46-55, Indianapolis, Transportation

Get a dog. Or electrify your garden with a switch you can turn on and off. Once they step into it at night when the switch is on, ZAP! That will train them away from your house pretty quickly.

- Response by msheartbeat, Female, 36-45, San Francisco, Self-Employed

Get a dog!

- Response by mtnester101, A Working Gal, Female, 46-55, Denver, Who Cares?