Looking for a homemade substitute for scrubbing bubbles liquid automatic shower cleaner.
Home Organizing & Cleaning / 5:15 PM - Monday July 20, 2009

I need a homemade solution for that expensive liguid you put in the scrubbing bubbles Automatic shower cleaner. I've tried water, vinegar with lemon juice, but it's smells too strong. Cleans the shower real good, but smells acidy. I've figured out how to refill the bottles. Any ideas??

- Asked by A Budget-minded, Female, 66 or older, Retired

I would imagine plain (sterile ... meaning not tap water because of hard metals) and baking soda ... make a solution and use in place of scrubbing bubbles

- Response by wetwired, Female, 29-35, New York, Who Cares?

Know what I do?

I keep a small squeegie in my shower. When I'm done -- I take ten seconds to squeegie down the shower.

No harmful chemicals. No smells. No cost.

- Response by utahmom, Female, 56-65, Managerial

you're "supposed" to use the vinegar with BAKING SODA.

It nukes the crud and the baking soda helps neutralize the vinegar...as least a lot more than lemon.

- Response by ocelotspot, A Stay-at-Home Mom, Female, Who Cares?, Other Profession