How do you remove "scuff" marks from a kithcen sink?
Home Organizing & Cleaning / 11:19 AM - Thursday July 16, 2009

My family tosses their dishes, pot and pans into the kitchen basin rather roughly! This has created several dark "scuff" mark in the sink basin. Any tips how to remove the scuff marks so the sink shines? Thank you!

- Asked by lollisb05, A Single Gal, Female, 46-55

Try one of those Mr. Clean magic sponges.

- Response by rexy67, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

If they are the ones doing the rough tosses they should be the ones figuring out how to remove the scuffs.

- Response by aoluserchick, Female, 46-55, Consulting

is it an enamal sink and the idiots have broken pieces of the enamal veneer off? I'd kill 'em.

If it's just a stainless steel sink, really---why worry? I don't have the energy to worry about scuff marks in my sink ~ lol! If a scrubbing with Comet doesn't fix it, the heck with it is what I say.

- Response by ocelotspot, A Stay-at-Home Mom, Female, Who Cares?, Other Profession

If stainless steel you would have to buff it out and polish it.

- Response by phonefreak68, Female, 22-25, Other Profession

With a porcelain sink, I found Comet liquid with bleach and some pressure when scrubbing took care of it. With my stainless steel sink, nothing works better than a cleanser called "Bar Keepers Friend". It works great on many things like copper, etc. When the marks are gone, look for a kitchen sink mat that you like. There are attractive ones out there. This will save you a lot of work in the future.

- Response by fullofjoy1, A Budget-minded, Female, 66 or older