Why do people point out flaws in others?
Friendship / 2:43 AM - Wednesday June 24, 2009

I think to make them feel better about themselves.

- Asked by askwhatever, Female, 56-65

Because they are little, shallow, ignorant people that have nothing better to do in just hurting people just because they can!!I find good in everyone I meet and I have the gift to know a good person over one who is out to screw me over!! Its like a 6th sense and I have it?? Good for you to be that way and you will get more from honey than vinager!! Be cool and live long!

- Response by ptawillis, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Medical / Dental

some people are very observant and critical

- Response by meowmeowww, Female, 29-35

I think that most people who are super critical of others, are so, because they do not desire taking the time necessary to critique THEMSELVES and make improvements THERE. It is easier to just judge everyone else, than to direct that review process INWARD where it is probably much more needed. :)

- Response by randyl, Female, 36-45, Los Angeles, Technical

I think its to play down their own flaws. I personally, would not feel better about myself by bringing out the flaws in others. Being critical of other peoples flaws just opens up a can of worms in my opinion.

- Response by 3wiltedroses, Female, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

It is easier to look without... Then you don't have to "see or fix" what is within....

- Response by siouxzen, Female, Who Cares?, Los Angeles, Self-Employed

I think ur right:-)

- Response by spitfire815, Female, 56-65, Who Cares?

Sometimes it's also projection. They see in others their own main fault, one that they deny about themselves. "She's selfish," they might say, when the person speaking may be the most selfish person you know.

- Response by stoney07, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 66 or older, Who Cares?

They're trying to imitate Keith Olberman on MSNBC. He makes big money, bitching and whining about people who don't agree with him.

- Response by thundermist04167, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

maybe
sometimes
to teach to love themselves and others for who they are at the time
To teach Lessons of Love

- Response by tpass419, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Alternative Medicine

I agree and because it is the hip thing to do... Just look at reality tv and you'll see that this is all they do on those shows. Yet another reason why kids are so screwed up these days and everything is about what is in at the time. Until that is out and someone else is pointing out the flaws in what used to be hip.

- Response by kickinghawk, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 29-35

I agree

- Response by shyguy63, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Other Profession

The Transformer movie was awesome.

In some cases it may be to make them feel better, but I think in other cases, they are pointing out the flaws about themself but putting it on other people..

- Response by dana1148, Female, 36-45, Philadelphia, Who Cares?

i think you are correct.

- Response by dooter, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65

Its because they cant find fault in themselves and that shallow so they look for flaws in others and are very quick to point it out!!There EGO's how small they are have to do this to build theirs up and I would hate to live like that wouldnt you??