Can a gay man ever turn straight forever?
Married Life / 3:11 PM - Tuesday June 16, 2009

can a gay man ever turn straight forever?

my boyfriend used to be gay he asked me out and we have been happy till now he gets mad at me about the smallest things, i keep finding random web sites that he has been looking at. i have asked him about it but he says he loves me and only wants me, but i still think that he likes men.

- Asked by Female, 29-35, London

Can an alcoholic ever stop drinking? Obviously, yes, they can, but they may always be tempted.

If your guy wants to be straight, and obviously he's had no problems performing in bed with you, then I think he can do it, but he may always be tempted.

Try to be supportive of him. Ask him what you can do to help him with his transition, and also if counseling, either by himself or with you, would help him. don't judge him.

In terms of your relationship - go by his actions and how he treats you, not his words. If he stays faithful to you, finds you attractive and treats you well, then don't fret.

- Response by curvysmartgirl, Female, 36-45, Dallas, Artist / Musician / Writer

Like a straight man turning gay, it'll never happen.

A straight man can have gay experiences but deep down he is still straight. He will always be interested in women. If he is truly gay, he will ALWAYS be gay and interested in other men. He can play straight, get married and father children. But he will still be gay and interested in men.

- Response by cosmicdog0, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Denver, Science / Engineering

I think people are born gay or straight. He is having issues with his orientation and maybe can't admit it even to himself but he is gay.

- Response by newnumbersguy32, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, Financial / Banking

My wife has an exboyfriend who is gay, but he will have sex with my wife again anytime she wants. He swears that he would never be with another man again if he could have her.

Unfortunately for him she is married to me.

- Response by A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Self-Employed

U could take a pig out of the mud, bathe it, put on a dress, lipstick and perfume on it but one way or another the pig gonna find the mud again. Watch out!

- Response by Sexyilious, Female, 22-25, Student

Will he only do you when you're face down with your ass in the air,,,,,,
If so, I'd keep him AWAY from your brother,,,,,,

- Response by nicolegillenwater, Female, 36-45

I am pretty sure an ex of mine is gay. He has all the tendencies and only would take me from behind. Then when I had back door play with him one night he shut everything off from me after that and he was the one that asked me to go there to begin with. When I say everything I mean it. Everything. No more passionate kisses too. Nothing. With this guy I think he's lying to himself because of his religious beliefs. So I would be wary with your guy. I believe you are gay from birth whether or not you choose to accept it. Good luck.

- Response by Female, 46-55

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but..
Your boyfriend may love you to bits and I'm sure he is the most wonderful man in the world. That's great if he can be your best friend and not your boy friend. There will always be a side to his life that you can't compete with. If you are emotionally attached, you can only get hurt and will start to doubt yourself and your sex appeal.

I tried the 'used to be gay but with me now..' route. My/our son is now 25. I had to leave with my son when he was only three years old. It nearly destroyed my (gay) boyfriend but but it was the best thing to do for my son. I recovered but my son suffered not having his dad around and I spent the last few years wondering if I could keep the secret forever that his father was gay.

It doesn't work. Don't do it. Be best friends or best friends who sleep together occasionally. nothing else...

- Response by A Working Gal, Female, 46-55, London

.....a prescription of 'Homo Nomo' from one's doctor, taken as required, will do the trick.

- Response by nameacarl, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, Who Cares?, Oostende, Self-Employed

Being gay isn't like having a cold and getting over it. I am happy you guys are happy but be careful. Being gay is just something that a person is born with, that don't choose to be.

- Response by debski, Female, 36-45, Detroit, Science / Engineering

See, this makes me so angry! By golly, if you are gay, be gay. If you are straight, be straight. But don't string someone along (whether you love them or not). If he is gay, he can still love you, but you may as well be his sister or something. Just my opinion. I do not mean to sound harsh here, but, it's hard, isn't it? It's like you want (and need) to get to the bottom of it. Keep on trying and keep on praying for what you need to know.

- Response by thequeen, Female, 46-55, Administrative

If you are cofused and not sure just leave. You will not endup together- so save yourself the trip and the heartache.

- Response by Female, 36-45, Other Profession