How did Clark Gable become such a sex symbol?
Sex & Intimacy / 5:59 PM - Friday June 12, 2009

I can appreciate his genteel manner and spiffy outfits, but his facial expression is like a baby passing gas - and the simpy little caterpillar moustache. Eek!

I do like Humphrey Bogart, though, oddly enough - and he could be argued as being even less attractive. I think it's his unique way of speaking.

What other celebrities of old do you admire? Pretty or not-so?

- Asked by snafu, Female, 29-35, Toronto, Financial / Banking

Humphrey Bogart did it for me too. I can totally understand why Lauren Bacall fell for him.

Clark Gable - eh.

- Response by uniquelyme2, Female, 46-55, Artist / Musician / Writer

Errol Flynn. He was my very first love. When I was five, I was going to marry him - I didn't know he'd already been dead for years LOL!

- Response by justpassingthru, Female, 56-65, Financial / Banking

Anthony Hopkins - cocky bastard seems to get my respect every time...

- Response by rollinhigheh, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

sometimes it amazes me the people that made it bigtime

- Response by bigcurt, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Pittsburgh, Self-Employed

Clark Gable genteel and simpy? You must have only seen him in "Gone with the Wind." That wasn't Clark Gable, that was Rhett Butler, Gable was ACTING. Gable and Bogart actually have many similar qualities, they were both a man's man. Gable was nicknamed the "King of Hollywood," just as Elvis was the "King of Rock and Roll." Maybe he got the title because he was the first of his kind, rough and all American. John Wayne came a bit later, and he was called "The Duke."

- Response by judy46karla, Female, 66 or older, Seattle, Retired