Does Ensure help with gaining weight?
Weight & Wellness / 7:24 PM - Tuesday June 09, 2009

Does Ensure help with gaining weight?

I weigh 103 lbs and I heard that drinking Ensure helps you gain weight. I really could use a few extra pounds. How much do you have to drink? and how long do you drink it before you can see some weight gain? Does anyone know?

- Asked by Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

It can, but don't drink it a lot you will run out the other end.

- Response by lifestyle, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Houston

it is actually a vitamin supplement for those that don't get enough of the right types, because of their diet (like old people). but it could help you if you weigh so little.

- Response by pizzatroll, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

it would help you gain weight, yes. You should probably drink that in addition to your regular meals.

- Response by mrsjsqanda, Female, 26-28, Atlanta, Who Cares?

Ensure (I thought)is mainly a supplement (nutritional value) for older folks. They don't eat much and they lose nutrients. Read the label before you buy; they come in six-packs, I believe. You could try it for a month and see. If your diet isn't good and you don't eat much, it probably wouldn't hurt to try it.

- Response by pushkins, Female, 66 or older, Miami, Who Cares?

Ensure is designed to sustain those who - due to dental or facial trauma - can only consume beverages. To that end, if you were to drink Ensure along with your regular meals, you should experience some weight gain.

Unless you've just got crazy metabolism.

- Response by dawsonmckay, A Rebel, Male, 36-45, Phoenix, Artist / Musician / Writer

Buy the ones with extra calories. My oldest grandson has lived off of those shakes for 5yrs. He has finially started to eat real food.

- Response by MaryAnne, Female, 46-55, Regina, Managerial

If you drink ensure for extra calories it will cause you to gain weight. If this is still the rule, every 3,000 extra calories you take in and do not burn off will cause you to gain 1 pound. I am actually using it to lose weight. One bottle for lunch instead of a high calorie lunch. You could eat that high calorie lunch and drink that Ensure along with it.

- Response by fullofjoy1, A Budget-minded, Female, 66 or older