I have two teenage boys sharing a room. It smells so bad, you can smell it before even reaching the
Random & Fun / 1:20 AM - Sunday May 17, 2009

I have two teenage boys (not my children) sharing a room in my home.

It smells so bad, you can smell it before even reaching the second floor.

I try to keep up with their laundry.
They keep it semi clean.

I just washed their bedding and it still smells awful.

I have a weak sense of smell it's obnoxious I cant even imagine what it must smell like to other people.

Any advice would be deeply appreciated.

Figure out what exactly stinks: if it's textile, you can use febreeze or another laundry odor remover.

Are they taking a shower daily?
It's warm enough now to open the window more frequently.
Maybe they are using stuff that smells bad (tobacco or drugs?)
Maybe something died in there? A mouse etc?
Maybe the carpet got wet? Carpet that was wet and dried improperly will stink terribly.

Also: my laundry stank when I used an (expensive) liquid detergent. I changed detergent and all was great!

Just tell them their room stinks and to keep the window open more if they want you to do any laundry.

- Response by Female, 36-45

Feel for you honey. All I can suggest (other tan having thier dad? get on them) is using plug in air fresheners in their room. Also there are air filters or diffusers that kill the germs/odors. I have 2 and they work well. You should be able to get them at wal-mart or a hardware store

- Response by 3xslucky, Female, 46-55, Sacramento, Medical / Dental