Sliding glass doors are stuck! How do I make them glide better???
Home Organizing & Cleaning / 12:21 PM - Saturday May 02, 2009

I've heard there are some screws at the bottom of the door...Would I turn them to the left or to the right?

NEVER use wax or polish because it will only attract dirt and dust!!

Clean track thoroughly and use silicone spray **NOT W-D 40**. The label will read "silicone spray"....

Now, if that doesn't work then your wheels may need to be adjusted or replaced. It may be because the "wheels" are not on the track to begin with either...use a flashlight and take a good look. Get down on your hands and knees. IF your runner is all scratched and dented then you may have a broken wheel...
This is coming from my wonderful Husband who is a glass technician and a very handsome, sexy individual!! hee hee

Good luck...I hope this information helped...Let me know!!!

- Response by jackie1966, An Environmentalist, Female, 46-55, Teaching

clockwise usually raises the door......

- Response by singledad281, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Houston, Hospitality

The doors don't need to be adjusted, the tracks need to be cleaned and waxed. Clean them really well, and then use car polish to wax them (or Pledge works too I hear).

- Response by siouxzen, Female, Who Cares?, Los Angeles, Self-Employed

Left to loosen, but don't loosen them too much. Get some household oil and oil the slide of the door, so when you push it back to open it, it can run smoothly. May take a bit of effort the first couple of times, but will loosen up the more you do it. Then try turning the screw back to the right to tighten it and repeat the above. If it's too tight, turn the screw slightly to the left again, till the door opens easily but is not loose.

- Response by bnotafraid, Female, Who Cares?, Artist / Musician / Writer

Put a spray lubricant on the runner. If you don't have WD40, use cooking spray, like PAM. After spraying it, let it set a few minutes, then try and move the doors. Good Luck.

- Response by 3wiltedroses, Female, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

OPPss...If you turn your screw to the right, it raises them...the left lowers them. sorry about that. The Hubby was riffling off all sorts of info...ha ha ha

Good luck Honey...IF you live in the Boston area, let me know, maybe "the Hubby" can help you!!

<3

Soap!! buy some cheap bar soap and take half of it and soak it in a bowl of warm water... while that is soaking take the other half and rub it all along every surface that makes contact with another. After the other half is "mushy" try to get it into the "unexposed" areas. Slide the doors back and forth across the "lubricated" slides and it should work far more freely. G/L?

- Response by tresdjndjed, Female, 29-35, Boston

I just take an old candle and wax it liberally. Then open and close it a few times, just don't forget and pull reall hard on the door after you get it loosened up. It will open really easy.

- Response by A Working Gal, Female, 29-35