Some glasses & crystal came out of my dishwasher with a haze on them & I can't get it off.
Home Organizing & Cleaning / 8:25 AM - Saturday April 11, 2009

I've tried white vinegar, Lime Away, CLR, & Glass Magic all with a scrubbie. I've got some of the haze off but the glasses still are hazed.

- Asked by Female, 66 or older, Detroit

If you have repeatedly used the dishwaher, the glasses have been etched by the detergent.

- Response by askering, A New Mom, Female, 66 or older

sorry to say you cannot remove it. It's called 'etching'and is permanent. you can prevent it from happening in the fuutre by purchasing dishwasher detergents that specifically claims not to do this. I've had good luck with Cascade Complete

- Response by gowiththeflo, The Cook, Female, 56-65

it's not just a 'haze'. if you look real close (magnifying-glass) you'll see that the glass is pitted.
chalk it up to experience because basically - they're ruined - and you can thank your dishwasher detergent for that.

- Response by justinaminit, A Rebel, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?