Lack of eye contact-meaning.
Random & Fun / 8:50 PM - Thursday March 26, 2009

Lack of eye contact-meaning.

I recently joined a church

the Pastor is my age,

he has shown up at our house unannounced a couple of times, which I think is wierd,

he also will not make eye contact with me,

he tends to look anywhere else except at my face/eyes.

My husband thinks he is attracted to me,

I am just curious,

I want to ask him If I have offended him or something.

Just curious, I have never had anybody do this to me before.

Update: March 27, 2009.
I LOVE all your answers, keep them coming, Oh I am pretty sure he is not gay and he is a Southern Baptist minister, he only dropped by the house after we had been to church a few times. The answers gave me something to ponder.

Update: March 27, 2009.

He may well be attracted to you, but pastor or not, I think you need to set boundaries with him so you don't have problems down the line.

Tell him to please call before coming over, and ensure your husband is there when he visits.

You might want to ask him why he doesn't make eye contact with you, if he does with other people. Or just let that go.

Most importantly, just make sure he calls before visiting. You don't want to get into an uncomfortable situation with him, or cause your husband to have concerns.

- Response by lasuz, Female, Who Cares?, Medical / Dental

The gay in me says that he is sleeping with your husband and is full of regret (he wont look you in the eyes).

And another part of me says he likes you and is shy (but that's just a little part of me).

I'd just confront him and ask him what's up.

Why the hell is he showing up unannounced? I'd figure that out.

- Response by desota18, A Creative, Male, 22-25, Self-Employed

Well i think i would go with your husband on that one. He knows what you look like and he knows other men. He was also there when this is happening so he's seen what you are describing.

BTW: pastors DO come by unannounced. It's normal.

- Response by joent612, Female, 36-45, Tampa, Administrative

A pastor who comes by unannounced would be, I believe, most likely from an evangelical denomination, or perhaps a Jehovah's Witness or a Mormon. Is this the case here?

- Response by chessplayer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Administrative

he's attracted to you devil woman

- Response by boxer1, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Self-Employed