Can I get my tax refund sent to a post office box or my work?
Random & Fun / 9:36 AM - Thursday March 05, 2009

I haven't done my taxes yet, and am concerned someone may steal my refund. Can I have my refund sent to a post office box (not sure how long it would take to change mailing address). There is tampering going on in my neighborhood.

- Asked by Female, Who Cares?

Put your routing and account number in the boxes on the bottom of page 2 of the 1040; it will be directly deposited into your account. Problem solved! Otherwise, they will mail your check to the address on your tax return...so if you want it to go to a PO box, you'll have to put that as your address. The IRS doesn't like PO Boxes as addresses. They like to be able to show up at your door. :)

- Response by sunlady1120, Female, 46-55, Self-Employed

you can have it sent directly to your checking account if you like. just fill it out and email it in. in a much shorter period, you'll get your refund directly deposited.

- Response by pizzatroll, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

you just have to fill out the address portion differently, i think. otherwise, it's going to your house.

- Response by busyb704, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

If you're using a tax service, like H&R Block, most give you the option of having the check sent to their office.

- Response by nytewulf, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

Do direct deposit. They have an option for that in Turbo Tax and Kiplinger's.

- Response by llafsroh, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Boston, Science / Engineering

Better than that, you can have it directly deposited in your acct. The 1040-es form has all the things you fill out.

Good luck and God bless

- Response by kravjar666, A Father Figure, Male, 46-55, Los Angeles, Consulting

Listen to sunylady!

- Response by seasons4, An Retiree, Female, 46-55, Financial / Banking