Where to spend counterfeit $20
Career / 5:56 AM - Saturday July 12, 2008

where to spend counterfeit $20

I have acquired a counterfeit $20 bill as change back from a business!!
I tried to order $18 worth of food from Del Taco, but they figured out it was fake (back of it is darker and a LITTLE blurry) front looks REAL. and HANDED IT BACK, like they are NOT supposed to do.

Where can I maybe get BY with spending a counterfeit $20?

maybe a drug deal, but then I could get murdered for it?

Fast food caught it, gas stations would definitely catch it.
Should I find a foreigner or an obviously "special ed" worker??

Should I tie a clear string to it and tease homeless people with it??

Should I leave it in my old apartment when I move out for someone else to find?

Can't spend it at SwapMeet, they'd figure it out in sunlight...

How about going out to eat at Olive Garden and putting it in the little black folder with a tip of green sticking up and we both quickly LEAVE (put down couple dollar TIP) and slam OUT of there superfast before they realize its not enough money AND its counterfeit!
Restaurants dont have cameras, do they? er, Olive Garden doesn't in dining area??

I could leave it as a joke tip somewhere, but where is the fun and laughs in that? I want to get my $20 worth!

I GOT THIS BACK AS CHANGE!! :( :(

serious advice, PLEASE!!!!
which of my ideas sounds best or add new ones!

- Asked by discotrash, A Single Gal, Female, 29-35, Las Vegas, Other Profession

go to one of those cult type fake churches and leave it in the collection plate.

- Response by winterhaven, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Alternative Medicine

are you sure you didnt get it from a trick? i am sure you can atleast take it to a change machine and get 20 in quarters.

- Response by americanpsycho1, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35

Just suck it up...it's only $20.......

Might just be your Karma coming back to bite you in the ass because you are dishonest.....

- Response by selectivegirl, Female, 46-55, Managerial

This could be a very stupid suggestion, but it is what I would do. I would take it to a bank and tell them what happened. They might swap it for a valid one. Then they turn the fake one in and get reimbursed. Or something like that. I would surely ASK them for the advise because nobody else would have better answers.

- Response by randyl, Female, 46-55, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

TAKE IT BACK TO THE PLACE YOU GOT IT FROM.

- Response by j3s5e, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

You need to take it back. You could get in serious trouble by trying to pass it off.

- Response by trhjr1, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older, Retired

Take it to the bank and they will turn it and they should send you 20 from the reserves maybe.

- Response by lifestyle, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Houston

Nobody's going to give you a real $20 for the fake one so I think you should definitely do something that is $20-worth of funny.

I envision you walking through a hotel lobby or someplace where they have someone playing a grand piano and you stuffing a 20 in the Gigantic brandy snifter they have for tips. I don't know why I think that's funny - maybe I need more sleep.

- Response by birdflu, Female, Who Cares?, Student

Take it to the bank and they will take it off your hands for you. You will NOT be reimbursed for it, it's just a felony risk as long as you have it.

- Response by anothergentleman, A Father Figure, Male, 26-28, Los Angeles, Technical

take it to the police.explain the situation to them

- Response by rantingmadman, A Rebel, Male, 36-45, Transportation

That happened to me a long time ago, & I was depositing it in the bank....The teller was supposed to keep it, but she gave it back told me to go to a small store & buy something, which i did & it worked. Looked normal to me:=)

- Response by spitfire815, Female, 66 or older, Who Cares?

I think rantingmadman is right. Take it to the police, they can investigate and catch the counterfeiters.

- Response by watbuttondoipush, Female, 36-45, Financial / Banking

Take it to the bank or to the police, and explain the situation. They probably won't reimburse you, and you'll be out twenty dollars, but it's far better than trying to spend it and get caught; knowingly using counterfeit money is a felony and can get you up to 10 years in prison (14 in some states).

- Response by dbacksfan, A Player, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

Sorry, you're only option is to get rid of it. Unfortunately no legit retailer will take the money; you're out of $20. If you try to "leave it somewhere" you could very well be charged for trying pass a counterfeit bill--esp. since you KNOW it's fake. Take it to the local police and see what they say. You just got the bad luck to be handed a fake twenty and like I said you're not going to get reimbursed, sorry.

- Response by lioness21, Female, 29-35, Consulting

Hi i work in the bank and trust me we don't give real money as a refund for courterfeit money. For us is just a piece of paper. Think about it, why will we give you a real one for a piece of paper?. We will take it and maybe ask you were you got it. and try to track down to see if is something that business does on a regular. Well not us but the Fed. Reverve. If you are the one passing it. Any business can call the police on you and you could be brought up on charges. Trust me US take fake money very seriously. They don't one anybody hurting our economy. And if one to many fake bills are pass it will, since the value of our dollar will go down. That's why we keep changing our money and putting more hidden fetures to it to try and make it harder to duplicate. Your best bid is to take it the bank and take the lost. Is not worth being brought up on charges for 20 dollars. Good Luck

- Response by 2hot2handle, Female, 36-45, Financial / Banking

Well, I personally couldn't spend it knowing it's a fake. I would just feel really bad about doing that and 20 dollars isn't that much money to be out. But if you feel like you absolutely have to pass it off, your best chance would probably be at a garage sale. But honestly, at this point you are better to just eat the loss. Imagine what would happen if you tried to pass it off and the police were called. Counterfeiting is something the law takes very seriously and if an investigation follows you aren't exactly in a position to feign ignorance after you've posted this, and believe me it WILL be discovered.

- Response by Female, 22-25, Who Cares?

Uh, you dont want to pass it, thats a crime and you can go to jail for it. (Its actually a Federal Crime, beware). If you got the bill back as change, then the business that gave it to you should be notified, and you should notify the police. Counterfitting is not a laughing matter, it contributes to inflation, which with the price of gas the way it is, we don't need counterfitters extra help with that. Contact the police and the business where you got it. If you don't and you try to pass it, someone may call the cops on you.

- Response by attorneydad, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Lawyer