Dating a broke man!
Dating / 4:32 PM - Friday May 18, 2007

Dating a broke man!

So many women said it didn't matter how much money a man makes as to whether or not they would date them. My question is would you date a man who is broke? Basically he is broke because he lacks drive and ambition.

Personally I think there is no reason for a man to not have a job and be able to provide for himself unless he is in school or is disabled. To me this is more of a character flaw, and if a man lacks drive, ambition, etc. then I want no part of him.

- Asked by kdtxchic30, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

You are so right again. lol. Being broke is a sign of a troublesome past. At a certain age a person should have a career and some assets. Not in the golddigger idea but as a responsible person. If one owns nothing in their 30's dig deeper and you will find out why. Rosey

- Response by roseytalks, Female, Who Cares?, Tampa, Who Cares?

I would date a guy who is temporarily broke. Maybe he lost money on his stocks or his business isn't going well or he just lost his job...But he would have to be willing to do his best to get back on his feet quickly. I don't need a man to support me, but I sure don't want to support a man either. Yes, being lazy/unambitious is a character flaw in my opinion.

- Response by silver75, Female, 36-45, Stockholm, Other Profession

If a man in broke because of lack of ambition, that is definitely a turn-off and not acceptable.

- Response by shoegal101, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

Ohhh, a gold digger huh????

LOL ROF!!!!!

- Response by rafiki910, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, Who Cares?, Boston, Body Work

I wouldn't date a man who didn't take care of himself, whether that meant financially or physically (like a substance abuser) or any other way. I want a partner, not a dependent.

But as long as he was doing *something* constructive with his life (school, job, Peace Corp, etc) I'd be fine with the fact that he didn't have money. If he didn't have money because he was lazy and a wastrel, then no way.

- Response by justpassingthru, Female, 56-65, Financial / Banking

I agree to a certain extent..but also look at it this way as to why there are some men who are broke and it's not even a character flaw:

Women in the work place who are taking previously male dominated jobs and not hiring them would be sexist and considered to be *oppressive*. Right now, there would be no excuse for a woman to be broke with all the lovely handouts we get. Every year, more & more people enter the work force, making it harder for men to find a decent job -women are hired before them.

- Response by jillopo, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

well i may because to me 40k is a million kus im 11!
but to older women its all looks and some brains and green! im not sure in 35k is a lot but if it is then yes i think a grl would luv 2 date u but i dont no how ur gonna drop ur income to a grl in a casual conversation! lol! good luk!

- Response by valice, Female, 29-35, New Orleans, Other Profession