"son-in-law FLIRT"
Married Life / 11:06 PM - Saturday April 07, 2007

"son-in-law FLIRT"

So here is my problem..My husband is older then me by almost 12 years..not the problem..the problem is he has a daughter who is 24, who has a "boyfriend" that is my age..EVERYTIME we are around them, my step-daughters boyfriend flirts with me. I know that I would NEVER do anything with him, and I try not to encourage it..but aside from being down right rude, how can I get him to STOP IT..My husband sees this everytime we're together, and gets upset. Not at me, but the boyfriend, and by the way, my step-daughter is a dumb as a board and doesn't see it.

Update: April 08, 2007.
Thanks to all who responed, I will try some of your suggestions today at Easter dinner. And to let you all know, my husband is by no means "wussy", he does not want to hurt his daughter, as I said she is pretty "clueless", and she says she LOVES this man, so to be rude and just bluntly say something to her would be devesating and my husband does not want to do that. Thanks again

- Asked by leslielcats, Female, 36-45, Pittsburgh, Food Service

Many a times your body lingo says it all start ignoring him In case he is still admant and does not want to get the signal i will advise start addresing him as 'Son' in every piece of conversation u have .Moreover try to leave your daughter and her bf alone as much as possible he will get the mesage that he is dialing the wrong number

- Response by nicedude78, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Delhi, Technical

I think it would be best if you and your husband have a talk with him together. Since he is attracted to you, talking to him alone is not a good idea. He probably continues to flirt because he knows his girfriend is clueless and probably feels the same about your husband. Hoopefully it would embarrass him to know that he is not as clever as he thinks.

- Response by shoegal4life, Female, 46-55, Managerial

Put him on blast and be as rude as you have to be........sometimes you have to go that evtra mile to let people know you are serious and to bring attention to everyone else for them to see how disrepectful he is being towards you......

- Response by georgia000, Female, 36-45, San Francisco, Medical / Dental

Flirtation tends to fall flat if it is not bolstered by return flirtation. Make damn sure you aren't flirting back, which means raising your self awareness.

There are men who just don't get it, and in those cases "downright rudeness" is perfectly appropriate. I'm sure even Miss Manners would agree.

- Response by pandorasfault, Female, 46-55, Teaching

Your husband needs to tell his daughter that her boyfriend coming on to his wife upsets him. It will not be any good coming from you as she will think you are causing trouble. Its up to her Dad to set her straight. Your husband must be a bit wussy as I know mine would have something to say to the boyfriend and it wouldn't happen twice . Rosey

- Response by roseytalks, Female, Who Cares?, Tampa, Who Cares?