Thank you for your many years of support. We want to share the news with you that after much consideration, will cease operations in its present format on October 15th. We appreciate your meaningful contributions over the years.
Back to Home

Active Questions

Why is it called "cum"???? is ...
Sex & Intimacy / 4:52 PM - Friday January 26, 2007

why is it called "cum"???? is it a twist from the word "come" or is there a scientific reason? just

why is it called "cum"???? is it a twist from the word "come" or is there a scientific reason? just curious...

- Asked by angel666, Female, 26-28, New York, Student

Read more about the Rating System

I think it's a twist from the word 'come' as in "to come to orgasm". I think! ;)

~dev~ x

- Response by devonette, Female, 26-28, Administrative

Rating Received:

Community Rating: Community Star

Great question,I really have no idea.

- Response by eagerbeaver, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Rating Received:

maybe its from "cirCUMcised" - really i dont know....

- Response by sherocks, Female, 36-45, Dallas, Internet / New Media

Rating Received:

good question if you find out. pop your question when you find out.

- Response by aqt4u2c01, Female, 46-55, San Diego, Who Cares?

Rating Received:

Haha. I love how brave thinks he came up with that word!

- Response by noelle22, Female, 36-45, Washington, DC

Rating Received:

I have no idea. The real term is ejaculate. Which comes from the prostate, and pickes up sperm in the testes (assuming you have two).

I first saw the word in cheap pulp erotic novels. To be honest, I thought that the author could not spell ejaculate, and certainly cum uses less ink and is easier to put on the page. It also has a certain gross sound, that these books like. The spelling, I am almost sure, is to distinguise it from come. But I still cannot figure out why it would be a word.

but sex is full of words that make little or no sense. "dick" "cock" "pussy" etc.

- Response by welloone, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 66 or older, Retired

Rating Received:

Its just slang, its not correct spelling and its CERTAINLY not scientific!

- Response by xerxes, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Washington, DC, Lawyer

Rating Received: