The Best Of Answerology

Will an air purifier reduce dust from a litter box?
Home Organizing & Cleaning

I have a small unfinished part of my basement that houses 3 immaculate litter boxes. Will an air purifier reduce the cat litter dust that ultimately transfers to the wood surfaces in the finished part of the basement? Thanks, Marcia

- Asked by A Working Gal, Female, Baltimore, 56-65, Administrative

An Air Purifier can potentially help, for anti allergy and other information visit: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/product-testing/reviews-tests/cleaning-products/allergy-control-products?click=main_sr

Thanks!

- Response by ghresearchinstitute1900, A DIY Expert, Female, 36-45, New York

I doubt it. It will just do what it's supposed to do; purify the air from bacteria.

My daughter had four cats in her 1-bedroom apt. Never needed an air-purifier. The only "air-purifier" was HER.

When people walked in, nobody knew there was even one animal in her place. Imagine their surprise when one after another showed up.

She had two litter boxes and she kept them clean. That's about all you can do to "purify" the air.

I once had something sent to me which was supposed to "purify the air" from allergies. It dried my eyes out...and I had to return it. Don't waste your time or your money.

- Response by Female, Miami, 66 or older, Who Cares?

Some kitty litters produce more dust than others. I pour my bag of kitty litter in a garbage can and after the initial poof of dust, it's gone.

- Response by Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Clumping litter makes much less dust than non-clumping. Give it a try - and when pouring new litter in, hold the bag closer to the box.

- Response by The Cook, Female, 66 or older, Retired